Mumbai: Supreme Court order on CBI director a slap in face of Modi govt, says NCP  leader Nawab Malik

Mumbai: The NCP Tuesday dubbed a “slap” in the face of Narendra Modi government the supreme court order reinstating CBI Director Alok Verma, who was sent on administrative leave by the Centre last year. The apex court has set aside the Centre’s October 23 order to divest Verma of his powers following a feud between him and his deputy Rakesh Asthana.

NCP national spokesperson Nawab Malik said people are now hoping that Verma will act on major cases, including the Rafale deal, before his tenure as the CBI director ends on January 31. “The SC’s decision to reinstate Alok Verma is a slap in the face of the Modi government. Policy decision is a different issue, but he does have the powers to arrest,” Malik said.

While reinstating Verma, the top court has restrained him from taking any major policy decision till completion of a CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) probe into corruption charges against him. “People are now hoping he will act on major cases he was handling, including Rafale,” Malik added.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in