Mumbai: Electrocuted at doorstep

Mumbai: No place is safer than home. For Mala Nagam, 52, and her son, Sanket Nagam, 26, it proved otherwise. Mala was electrocuted when she touched the door of their water-logged house in suburban Santacruz; when Sanket saw his mother reeling under the impact, he rushed to her side, only to meet a similar fate.

Their ill-fated house is at Sahyog Sahajeevan Pragati Mandal near Raje Sambhaji Vidyalay. Unconfirmed reports said that the meter box was submerged.

The society was three-feet deep in water. The residents of Santacruz east protested on the Western Express highway against the negligence of the authorities; the deaths could have been avoided with better preparedness.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in