Mumbai: A dead mosquito was found in a packed lassi which was purchased by a patient’s relative in the canteen of the King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital. The dean of the hospital said they will investigate the matter and until then those lassi are asked not to be sold in the canteen. This comes after a patient’s relative on Wednesday had ordered a lassi from the hospital canteen.
“I was extremely shocked to see a dead mosquito in to it and when I alerted the canteen owner, he didn’t solve my queries neither he was ready to contact the company for such kind of supply,” said the patient’s relative. He further said the product did not have any batch number neither a complaint number. “I immediately tweeted everything with the photo of dead mosquito in the lassi and tagged to FDA, LMO and other health officials of BMC,” added relative.
It was the Joshi’s lassi which was being sold in hospital canteen without the norms of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Legal Metrology Organisation (LMO). “We will take against the Joshi’s as they have violated the norms,” said an FDA official.