Mumbai: In the mysterious death of the Bollywood actor, Mahesh Anand, the cops were waiting for the post-mortem report, which came on Sunday, but police failed to ascertain the cause of death of the actor, as the final opinion is kept reserved by the doctors who have taken and sent the viscera samples for the examination.
After receiving the viscera report, the cause of death will be ascertain. But, prima facie, police consider the actor died due to over-consumption of alcohol, as a few alcohol bottles were spotted near his bed. His flat was bolted from inside.
The dead body of the actor was found in the bedroom of his house in Kinara building in Versova on Saturday afternoon. After the complaints of the neighbour that some foul smell was coming from the actor’s house. When the neighbours knocked at the door and didn’t got any response, they called up his sister, who also resides in Andheri, even she tried to open the door, but in vain. Then fire brigade was called and the door was opened forcibly.
People were shocked to find the decomposed body of the actor in the bedroom, with an unbearble foul smell. ACP Rajendra Chauhan said: “The post-mortem report is kept reserved, as the doctors await the viscera report to ascertain the cause.” Versova police has filed an accidental death report (ADR).