Fire breaks out in COVID-19 hospital in Ulhasnagar; 20 safely rescued

Thane: Around 20 people were safely rescued from the hospital after a fire broke into COVID-19 hospital on Sunday night. However, no casualties or injuries were reported in the incident.
The incident took place at around 9:30 pm at one of the private hospitals in Shanti Nagar area of Ulhasnagar section 3. The fire led to the spread of smoke on the hospital premises.
"Around 20 people including staff and patients were rushed to safe place, following the alert call to the fire brigade team, who immediately reached and doused the fire. It was found that the fire broke out due to the short circuit in air conditioner unit, leading to huge smoke in the hospital premises," informed a fire official from Ulhasnagar.

The fire was brought under control by wee hours on Monday. However, no casualty or injuries was reported in this incident. The hospital is also one the COVID centres in Ulhasnagar, informed the official.
"At present, around 15 patients were undergoing COVID treatment at the hospital. The fire led to the immense damage of machinery and other equipment of the hospital. The patients were shifted to nearby hospitals, with the help of local police and citizen activists from Ulhasnagar," said official.

(To download our E-paper please click here. The publishers permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal