Cyclone Nisarga in Pune: Fire brigade department has responded to 60 calls related to tree uprooting and 9 calls related to waterlogging till evening
Cyclone Nisarga: A 58-year-old man died after an electric pole fell on him in Alibag area of Raigad, Maharashtra
Mumbai's Bandra-Worli Sea Link closed due to Cyclone Nisarga
Mumbai's Bandra-Worli Sea Link has been closed in the wake of Cyclone Nisarga on Wednesday
Threat for Mumbai almost over; rains to continue till night: Skymet Weather
Skymet Weather's Vice president Meteorology And climate Change Mahesh Palawat said that "Threat for Mumbai is almost over. Rains to continue until tonight but winds will not exceed 50 Kmph. Eye of Cyclone Nisarga has completed landfall. Process will get completed in next one hour. #CycloneNisarga "
Tin rooftop of a building in Raigarh blown away due to strong winds
A tin rooftop of a building in Raigarh blown away due to strong winds as Cyclone Nisarga lands along Maharashtra coast.
Cyclone Nisarga makes landfall along Maharashtra coast
The center of the severe Cyclone Nisarga is very close to Maharashtra coast. Landfall process started & it will be completed during next 3 hours. The northeast sector of the eye of severe cyclonic storm is entering into land: IMD
In view of Cyclone Nisarga, no vehicular movement is permitted on the Bandra-Worli Sea Link: Mumbai Police
Diversion of trains due to cyclonic conditions in Maharashtra
Due to cyclone Nisarg likely to hit Mumbai area on 3.6.2020, the running pattern of following trains will be as under:
· 02617 Ernakulam-Hazrat Nizamuddin special journey commencing on 2.6.2020 diverted via Madgaon-Londa-Miraj-Pune-Daund Chord Line-Manmad (instead of Madgaon-Panvel-Kalyan-Igatpuri-Nashik Road)
· 06346 Thiruvananthapuram-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus special journey commencing on 2.6.2020 diverted via Madgaon-Londa-Miraj-Pune-Kalyan (instead of Madgaon-Panvel)
· 02432 New Delhi-Thiruvananthapuram special journey commencing on 2.6.2020 diverted via Surat-Vasai Road-Kalyan-Pune-Miraj-Londa-Madgaon (instead of Surat-Vasai Road-Panvel-Madgaon)
· 02618 Hazrat Nizamuddin-Ernakulam special journey commencing on 3.6.2020 will be diverted via Manmad-Daund Chord Line-Pune-Miraj-Londa-Madgaon (instead of Nashik Road-Igatpuri-Kalyan-Panvel-Madgaon)
· 02431 Thiruvananthapuram-New Delhi special journey commencing on 2.6.2020 will be regulated at Madgaon and diverted if required by Konkan Railway.
Cyclone Nisarga to cross Alibag between 1 pm to 4 pm
Cyclone Nisarga will cross Maharashtra coast between Harihareshwar & Daman,very close to Alibag between 1 pm to 4 pm. While crossing the coast it will have strong winds of 100-120 kmph over Mumbai,Thane & Raigad districts of Maharashtra: Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, DGM, IMD
Cyclone Nisarga: Many special trains for Mumbai rescheduled
Due to cyclone Nisarga likely to hit Mumbai area on 3/6/2020 the following changes are made for Mumbai bound trains.
1. Rescheduling of Special Trains on 3.6.2020 due to Cyclone Nisarg
Central Railway has rescheduled the following special trains scheduled to leave Mumbai area on 3.6.2020 due to cyclone Nisarg.
• 02542 LTT-Gorakhpur special will leave at 20.00 hrs on 3.6.2020 instead of 11.10 hrs
• 06345 LTT-Thiruvananthapuram special will leave at 18.00 hrs on 3.6.2020 instead of 11.40 hrs
• 01061 LTT-Darbhanga special will leave at 20.30 hrs on 3.6.2020 instead of 12.15 hrs
• 01071 LTT-Varanasi special will leave at 21.00 hrs on 3.6.2020 instead of 12.40 hrs
• 01019 CSMT-Bhubaneshwar special will leave at 20.00 hrs instead of 15.05 hrs
2. Similarly, the following UP specials scheduled to arrive Mumbai area on 3.6.2020 will be regulated/diverted
• 03201 Patna-LTT special schedule to arrive at 11.30 hrs on 3.6.2020 to be regulated enroute and arrive behind schedule
• 01094 Varanasi-CSMT special schedule to arrive at 14.15 hrs on 3.6.2020 to be regulated enroute and arrive behind schedule
• 06436 Thiruvananthapuram-LTT special scheduled to arrive 16.40 hrs on 3.6.2020 will be diverted via Pune to arrive LTT behind schedule.
Cyclone Nisarga intensifies further, wind speed has increases to 90-100 kmph
Cyclone Nisarga has intensified further, eye diameter has decreased to about 65 km during the past hour. Wind speed has increased from 85-95 kmph to 90-100 kmph, gusting to 110 mph: Government of India
Possibility of 'nature' cyclones, strong winds with rains in BMC area
As per IMD, there's possibility of 'nature' cyclones/strong winds with rains in BMC area. So, structured inspection of COVID-19 Health Centers set up temporarily at various places in BMC area should be done again by concerned contractors: Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation
Cyclone Nisarga approaching North Maharashtra coast with speed of 11 kmph
"Cyclone Nisarga is approaching North Maharashtra coast with a speed of 11 kmph. It is about 200 km South-SouthWest of Alibag and about 250 km South-SouthWest of Mumbai at 02:30 am IST of June 3," according to a tweet by the IMD. The weather forecast agency further said that at 4:30 am the wind speed had increased to 22 kmph at Santacruz in Mumbai. It has also predicted light to moderate rainfall will take place at most places with isolated heavy falls very likely over coastal Karnataka and Marathawada during the next 6 hours. Extremely heavy falls (above 20 centimeters in 24 hours) is also likely at isolated places over north Konkan (Mumbai, Palghar, Thane, Raigad districts) and north Madhya Maharashtra today.