Amid the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and the emergence of possible third wave, the Maharashtra Government has released guidelines for its employees for conducting online meetings by various departments. This was necessitated as except employees from essential services, employees from other departments are functioning below 100% capacity.
According to the guidelines, if the participant has to attend the phone call, he or she can do it outside the meeting hall. The photography or videography of the meeting is strictly prohibited without due permission.
Here is a full list of guidelines:
1. All officers/staff who are going to attend the online meeting should be e-mailed the scheduled date and time before the meeting so that they can prepare for the meeting
2. Link of the meeting should be sent only to the individuals related to the meeting
3. Prior to the meeting, make sure that the internet speed is adequate. Also be present for the meeting at least 5 minutes in advance.
4. The camera should be mounted in such a way that the face of the person present in the meeting can be seen properly. Also, make sure that there is enough light in the room
5. The microphone should be muted when the person is not speaking in the meeting but make sure the camera is on
6. It is mandatory to take the discussion in the meeting seriously. Any action that attracts the attention of others should be avoided and care should be that there isn't any movement behind the attendee.
7. If one wants to make an online presentation, he/she has to tell in advance. The presentation should be with fewer slides and fewer words
8. Unauthorized recording or broadcasting of meetings, taking screenshots should be avoided.
9. Online meetings should preferably be attended through laptop or desktop. In case of unavailability, it will be allowed to attend the meeting with the help of mobile phone
10. The attendees must dress modestly for the meeting. Proper conduct should be followed
11. With the permission of the chairperson, the other attendees should present their views in the meeting as per their order. In the meantime, use the chat box if you have any suggestions.
12. One can use the "raise hand" facility available and then submit his/her opinion
13. Laptop or desktop should be shut down only at the end of the meeting