Mumbai: The Mumbai-based model who has filed a complaint of rape against former deputy inspector general of police Sunil Paraskar on Friday withdrew her application seeking cancellation of his pre-arrest bail. “The victim withdrew the cancellation application that she had filed after her former lawyer was allegedly threatened by a person purportedly sent by Paraskar,” chief public Prosecutor Kalpana Chavan said. Judge Vrushali Joshi allowed the victim to withdraw the application. Last month the victim’s sister had told the court that they wanted to replace her lawyer, advocate Chitra Salunke.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in