Banned item bursts on train, 5 hurt

Mumbai :  Five people were injured after an acid bottle that was being carried by a 65-year-old hotel staff, burst on a train on the Central Railway on Friday. The man has been identified as Narayan Shetty who works at a restaurant in Mulund. Shetty was taking the acid from the restaurant to his home for cleaning purposes.

Shetty is a resident of Dombivali and was heading back home from Mulund, where he works. The incident took place at 2 pm at Thane. The bottle in which Shetty was carrying the acid started to release some fumes.

When he discovered the same, he panicked and threw the bottle outside the train. When he came to the door of the compartment to throw the bottle, it burst and the acid splattered on several passengers, causing injuries.

Five people were injured in the incident and were immediately rushed to Thane Civil Hospital. Among those injured are four men and a woman. While the youngest injured was 19-year-old boy, the oldest was a 50-year-old man.

“We have taken the man into custody and are in the process of filing a complaint. We will make sure to register the case under relevant sections and take stringent actions against him,” said Ravindra Singal, Commissioner of Government Railway Police.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in