Many parts of city receive heavy rains
Many parts of city receive heavy rains; IMD predicts "intense heavy rainfall" on August 3, 4
High tide at 1.44 pm, BMC appeals to people not to venture into sea
BMC appeals to people not to venture into sea.
IMD predicts intense rains for Mumbai, with highest high tide of the four monsoon months
The highest high tide of the four monsoon months is also today of 4.90 metres at afternoon, exactly during the period when IMD has forecast intense rains for the city. Heavy rainfall warnings on very high tide day in Mumbai is not a good combination please. Avoid outing, beaches: K S Hosalikar, India Met Department, Mumbai
Mumbai Police issues advisory
"As per weather forecast, Intense spells of rain likely to continue in the next 4 hrs and heavy to very heavy rainfall in the next 24 hrs. We request Mumbaikars to take adequate precautions & ensure safety. #Dial100 in case of any emergency. Take care Mumbai," Mumbai Police.
Intense spells of rain likely to continue in Mumbai, Thane, Palghar, Raigad next 4 hours: IMD Mumbai
Intense spells of rain likely to continue in the districts of Thane, Palghar, Raigad and Mumbai during next 4 hours: IMD MUMBAI
All government schools to remain closed in Thane today
Maharashtra: All government schools to remain closed in Thane today. Thane Municipal Corporation has issued the orders in view of continuous rainfall in the city.
Last date for securing FYJC admissions, paying fees extended to 6th August inview of ongoing heavy rains: Ashish Shelar
All students whose names are appearing in 3rd merit list for junior college admissions take note.Last date for securing admissions&paying fees extended to 6th August 2019 5pm inview of ongoing heavy rains.Students are requested not to panic&avoid unnecessary travel !: Ashish Shelar
Technical problem in point at Goregaon to Churchgate fast line, trains running 15-20 min late
Technical problem in point at Goregaon to Churchgate fast line, trains being run after clamping the point leading to 15-20min delay. WR team attending the issue. Services to be normalised soon.
Suburban services are running on all lines with some delays but no hold up of traffic: Central Railway
Suburban services are running on all lines with some delays but no hold up of traffic as of now. Mail/Express trains are also running as per schedule, says Central Railway.
Ulhas River overflowing due to heavy rains
Ulhas River overflowing due to heavy rains. Same river which caused flooding on tracks and Mahalaxmi Express was stranded between Badlapur--Vangani.
No water logging at Dahisar, Hindmata, Malad East, Chembur, Wadala: BMC
- No water logging at Dahisar Subway anymore. We will continue posting live updates to make sure Mumbaikar’s commute is planned accordingly & effectively
- No water logging anymore at Lokmanya Tilak Ganesh Visarjan Talao. Please tweet to us or call on 1916 for any updates
- No water logging at Hindmata. We request commuters to stay updated and plan their schedule likewise
- Akriti Mall is not water logged any longer. We request commuters to travel with care and reach out to us in case of any emergency or update requirement
- LIVE pictures of Pathanwadi, Malad East, Swastik Chambers, Chembur, Huma Mall, SIES College and Wadala
Mumbai rains: Waterlogging on railway tracks at Thane railway station
Maharashtra: Waterlogging on railway tracks at Thane railway station due to rainfall in the area.
Mumbai rains: 4 people drowned in Pandavkada waterfall, in Kharghar
Maharashtra: 4 people drowned in Pandavkada waterfall, in Navi Mumbai's Kharghar. Police and fire dept are present at the spot. Body of one person has been recovered, search is underway for the remaining three.
Regional Meteorological Centre, Mumbai: Extremely heavy rain at isolated places very likely in Mumbai, Thane, Palghar, & Raigad
CR-PRO: Services have been temporarily suspended between CSMT-Vashi on harbour line
- Central Railway, Chief Public Relations Officer: Due to rains coinciding with high tide resulting in back flow of water in Kurla/Sion/Chunabhati section, services have been temporarily suspended between CSMT-Vashi on harbour line and CSMT-Thane on mainline.
- Central Railway, Chief Public Relations Officer: Services are running between Vashi and Panvel & CSMT-Bandra/Goregaon on harbour line, Thane-Kalyan/Karjat/Kasara/Khopoli on main line, Transharbour line and Belapur/Nerul-Khakopar section.
Residents evacuated from Mithi river, provided relief camp at Kranti Nagar & provided adequate food packets with water
- Residents evacuated from around Mithi river have been provided relief camp at Kranti Nagar & we have provided adequate food packets and water for all
Fast corridor between CSMT and Kalyan also operational from 18.21 hrs. The trains will be running at cautious speed for sometime to clear mid section bunching. Please bear with us.