5 houses gutted in Mahim slum, no casualties

Mumbai : Over five houses were burnt to the ground in a fire that erupted in the Naya Nagar slum in Mahim on Monday morning. The fire started at around 11 am and 5 fire engines were rushed to the spot. It took the fire brigade two hours to douse the fire.

Even though substantial damage was caused to the residents’ belongings, no injuries or casualties were reported, as residents evacuated the houses immediately. They also warned the neighbours and within a matter of minutes the neighbourhood had rushed to safety.

Meanwhile, another fire engulfed the store area at Gandhi hospital in Parel, on Monday afternoon. It was contained to metal and wooden items. No casualties or injuries were reported in this incident either and none of the patients were harmed.

Sources from the fire brigade informed that they are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.

Gas leakage at Mantralay canteen On the other hand, an incident of gas leakage from LPG cylinders in the Mantralaya canteen prompted evacuation of the area around the canteen on Monday evening. The fire brigade received a call at about 4 pm regarding suspected LPG gas leakage and one fire engine was rushed to the spot. Sources from the fire brigade informed that the valve of an LPG cylinder had gone lose and the fire brigade fixed the problem immediately. The Mantralay canteen will reportedly remain shut for the next two days, as the fire brigade examines the area.

(To view our epaper please click here. For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in