After entering into dairy business earlier this year, Patanjali now aims to get into the garments and clothing industry. Yoga Guru Ramdev-led company, Patanjali, now plans to open at least 100 stores across India by the end of this financial year, with an eye on augmenting Swadeshi products.
Let’s don the ‘Swadeshi Gaurav’. Get these three Patanjali Paridhan products (1 Jeans 👖 & 2 T-Shirts👕) worth Rs 7000 in only Rs 1100 in this festive season. Join our Swadeshi movement to end the loot of multinational companies 🙏 pic.twitter.com/EGbEdmtX87
— Swami Ramdev (@yogrishiramdev) November 5, 2018
Inaugurating the first store ‘Patanjali Paridhan’ in New Delhi on Monday, Ramdev said the chemical-free apparel of his company will give a fillip to ‘Swadeshi’ (Made in India) products. “From coat to langot (loincloth), jeans to Indian kurta-pyjama and sarees, every attire of the Indian culture would be available here,” Ramdev told media. He also said that Patanjali Paridhan will support the Khadi India initiative. Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar and wrestler Sushil Kumar were present at the launch of the store.
So what is Patanjali Paridhan?
- The showroom, with more than 3000 varieties of men’s, women’s and kids wear, has been opened at Netaji Subhash Place, Delhi on the auspicious occasion of Dhanteras.
- The Patanjali Paridhan has three brand categories – Livefit, Aastha and Sanskar. The clothing line includes denim wear, ethnic wear, casual and formal wear
- In a Twitter post, Baba Ramdev announced that customers can buy one jeans and 2 t-shirts worth Rs 7,000 for just Rs 1,100. He further said that the aim of Patanjali Paridhan was to make people of India get rid of foreign products and shift to ‘Swadeshi’ (Made in India) goods manufactured by Patanjali.
- The customers can avail 25 percent off on all items here for the five days from Dhanteras to Bhaiya Dooj.
- Jeans can be availed at just Rs 500 in the Patanjali stores. The branded shirts which are sold for Rs 2,500 can be purchased at Rs 500 here. Even the branded innerwear that cost Rs 500 can be availed for just Rs 100 in the stores, the company press release said.
- The inauguration was held on the occasion of Dhanteras. Patanjali promises to open at least 200 new showrooms by 2020.