Vishnu Ustad murder accused shot

Indore : A notorious criminal was shot dead by two miscreants during a birthday party in Badi Gwaltoli area, on Friday night.

The victim was shot dead when he was busy in posing for photographs.

The accused fired seven rounds out of which three hit the victim, who was rushed to a private hospital immediately but he succumbed to his injuries there. Another youth was also injured in the incident. The deceased was one of the accused in the Vishnu Ustad murder case.

According to Superintendent of Police (East) OP Tripathi, Narendra Kushwah (35), a resident of Machla village on Khandwa Road, was shot dead by two miscreants— Aakash Baurasi and Golu Baurasi.

“Kushwah had come to the city along with his family to attend birthday party of his friend, Santosh Silawat, at Badi Gwaltoli.

During preliminary investigation, it was found that Aakash and Golu shot him dead while he was posing for photographs,” Tripathi said.

The police sent the body for autopsy and launched a manhunt to nab the accused. According to eyewitness Kuldeep Yadav, the accused duo had come to the party but retuned after a few minutes. “They returned again to the party after half-an-hour and opened fire on Kushwah while he was posing for a photo with Silawat,” Kuldeep said.

He further said the accused fired seven rounds from pistols after which Kushwah fell down on the floor.

“Three bullets hit Kushwah while one hit Nicky Maratha, who had come to save him. We threw chairs on the accused after which they fled from the scene. We rushed Kushwah to a private hospital but he succumbed to his injuries,” Kuldeep said.

Nicky was taken to CHL Hospital.

SP OP Tripathi said that as many as 18 cases were found against Narendra. He added that the police are investigating the reason behind the incident and the possible dispute between him and the duo who shot him dead is also being investigated. Preliminary investigations revealed that Narendra was also involved in the Vishnu Ustad murder case.

Only after arresting the accused, the reason behind the murder could be known. Sources said that Narendra even submitted his nomination as an independent candidate for the Vidhan Sabha elections but later withdrew his name.


On learning about the murder, large number of people reached CHL hospital. After the incident Narendra’s wife lost her senses and was sent home by her family members. His 3-year-old son Veer went along her.

SP OP Tripathi said that after the incident Narendra’s friend Santosh went missing. Santosh only phoned Narendra to invite him to the party. He said that police are investigating why Santosh went missing after the incident. Police would enquire him as well.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal