Indore: Congress candidate from Indore- III Ashwin Joshi got clean chit from the Returning Officer, on Saturday. The Samajwadi Party candidate from the constituency had raised questions over the information given by the sitting MLA in his affidavit along with nomination papers.
The RO of Indore- III Ravindra Singh said that the objection raised by the SP candidate Akbar Ahmed was ‘ unacceptable’. Earlier, Akbar had submitted his objections before the RO in an affidavit, saying that Ashwin has given wrong information in the affidavit. He said that the sitting MLA gave wrong information about the case pending in the High Court against him.
The SP candidate demanded that in the light of presenting wrong information, his nomination should be cancelled during the scrutiny.
However, Ashwin also presented the fact through an affidavit countering the objections raised by Ahmed. After hearing the arguments and going through the affidavits of the candidates, Singh passed the order, saying that the objections of the Ahmed are unacceptable.
- Samajwadi Party candidate raises question over affidavit Suddenly tension erupted outside the room of RO when Joshi entered into the room of RO at 4.45pm.
- Media persons barred from entering the RO’s room.
- At 5.10 pm, the number police force increased from 4 to 15.
- Suddenly, the number of supporters also started increasing.
- At 5.15, a videographer of the administration was summoned.
- At 5.15, arch- rival of Ashwin, Munna Ansari also appeared in the room along with SP candidate and complainant Akbar Ahmed, his advocate and supporters.
- Ansari tried to send advocate of Ahmed inside the RO’s room but the police stopped him.
- Police forcefully pushed out the supporters of both the groups from the adjoining room of RO.
- At around 5.50, Joshi left the place in a huff.
- Late evening, the RO passed the order on the objections raised by Ahmed and discarded them.