Mhow : At-last the Mhow Cantonment Board and Defence Estate department launched a joint drive to going illegal constructions at Bungalow No 64 here on Wednesday. During the drive various illegal construction were razed. Meanwhile, the encroachers staged protest agaisnt the anti-encroachment drive.
It is to be noted that with ignoring the rules and regulations, various multi-stories houses and building are being constructed in this Bungalow No 64 of the Estate Department of Defence Ministry. This entire land is of Estate Department of Defence Ministry, but the encroachers had been doing the illegal constructions on this land without caring the rules and regulations of MCB authorities.
Lot of illegal constructions of Bungalow No 64 are being removed during Wednesday’s anti-encroachment drive. The drive continued for whole day in the presence of senior officials of MCB and Estate Department of Defence Ministry. Majority of new construction is being removed during Wednesday’s drive. Entire traffic was blocked towards both sides of the Bhaiyaji Marg during the anti-encroachment drive.
According to sources, probably the anti-encroachment drive will also be launched at other Bungalows also where the illegal construction are still going on. The MCB sources said that the illegal constructions of Appu’s bungalow will also be removed soon. The sources added that the MCB and ED have issued notices to various other bungalows also under section 130 and after receiving their reply, the illegal constructions of those bungalows will be removed. In regard the illegal constructions at the bungalows of Estate Department of Defence Ministry, public interest writ petition was also filed at Indore Bench of MP High Court. The sources added that a high-level probe should be conducted on increasing illegal constructions on the Estate Department’s properties in Mhow. The sources said that without getting the support from MCB’s employees, these illegal constructions could not be possible.