Indore : To solve the menace of traffic-related problems caused due to rallies, processions and demonstrations taken out on the roads, a Code of conduct was drafted in a joint meeting at the Collectorate office on Thursday. These guidelines, if implemented will enable systematic and disciplined management of these events.
A consensus was reached by rally organizers and officials, in a meeting in July, on creating a Code of Conduct for smooth traffic flow on roads. This meeting was held to discuss the proposed guidelines. Following points were agreed upon by the participants in the meeting. The highlights were-
1. For small scale events coming under same SDM region, concerned SDM and CSP will give the permission after investigation of the roads within seven days.
2. For events coming under 2 SDM regions, police permission will have to be sought from ADM office.
3. For the large scale events that have seen dispute/controversy or that are organized on main roads/squares, SIG of police, related police superintendents, Collector, ADM and traffic police superintendent will decide for a safe and suitable place after monitoring.
4. For events that come under two ASP regions or more, permission will have to be sought 15 days in advance from Collector/SIG of Police/Police Superintendent (Headquarters)/related police superintendent/SDM/Ati Traffic Police superintendent who will inform the decision to the applicant within 7 days.
5. For new events, prior permission will have to be sought 15 days in advance and the applicant will be informed of the decision within 7 days.
6. For events that are being organized since long, prior permission will have to be taken 7 days in advance.
7. For the social and religious events that are held every year, an annual calendar will be created and disseminated to the common people so that they know which event will be carried out on which route.
Collector Akash Tripathi, DIG Rakesh Gupta, IDA President Shankar Lalwani, MLA Sudarshan Gupta, BJP city president Kailash Sharma, Congress city president Pramod Tandon, Shahar Kazi Dr Ishrat Ali, SPs O P Tripathi and Abid Ali, SDM Alok Kumar Singh and representatives of several religions and communities were present in the meeting.