Indore: In order to increase transparency, accuracy, impartiality and reduce time for conducting examination, the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) has decided to automate, computerise the process of conduct and management of examination. This included state service examination (SSE). While it had made all its exams, barring SSE, computer-based in 2015, the MPPSC is now gearing up to make SSE also computer-based, though partially.
It has decided to setup scanning centre and evaluation centre on its campus wherein SSE answer books would be scanned and evaluated. For the purpose, MPPSC is going to hire a service provider agency. The MPPSC has invited request of proposals for “end-to-end conduct of question paper based online examination with answer book scanning and on-screen marking” The agency selected will not only conduct exams online (barring SSE) but will also process results. For SSE, it would scan hard copies of answer books and send them for on-screen marking at evaluation centre.
1. The service provider shall ensure that no internet is available on evaluator’s machine during the process of evaluation at the evaluation centre.
2. Scanning should be done by trained manpower of service provider agency (SPA). All the pages of the answer books should be accounted for and identified with the unique ID number.
3. Scanned answer sheets must be stored in the bidder’s data center. Scanning process should have the ability to read barcode/QR code of answer sheet/ questions. This data shall be mapped to database at server.
4. The software should have provision to allocate time (as per approved by MPPSC) for evaluation for each question and record time spent on each question to be checked by the evaluator.
5. Service provider shall install CCTV cameras in control centre, scanning & evaluation center & shall keep complete recording of each activity for at least 1 year from date of final result.