Indore: Kids play with matches, 4-yr girl dies of burns

Match box is dangerous for kids. This proved once again when a four-year-old girl suffered serious burns in an incident in Vijay Nagar and later died during course of treatment at MY Hospital. Following her death, grieve-stricken family members created a ruckus in hospital and accused attending doctors of negligence.

According to reports, Chanchal, daughter of Deepak Nagraj of Sunder Nagar, was playing with children of her age group on neighbour’s terrace on Thursday evening. The children found a match box and started taking turn to light matches. During one such attempt, a burning stick fell on Chanchal and her clothes immediately caught fire. A screaming Chanchal rushed downstairs.

The neighbours rushed to her rescue and doused the flame. However, by then she had suffered serious burns and was immediately rushed to MY Hospital. However, she succumbed to her injuries during the course of treatment. Family members alleged that the girl died after doctors gave her water and started creating ruckus. The police have recorded parents’ statement.

Investigating officer SI BL Kumrawat said that the incident took place on Thursday evening and the girl died during course of treatment late in the night. Chanchal’s aunt Shanta Bai told police that Nagraj alleged that during course of treatment, a doctor allowed girl to have water. She died soon after. Police are waiting for autopsy report. The report from doctors is also awaited. It was said that as Chanchal’s grandmother worked in MY Hospital

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in