A major fire broke out in two scrap shades in Sanwer Road industrial area on Sunday. The flames became intense and whole of scrap kept in shades was gutted. However, no casualties were reported. The fire broke out at 11 am. The people of area spotted heavy smoke from shades and informed fire brigade. It is said that shade caught fire due to electric short circuit. The firemen who battled for six hours had to use more than 31 tankers of water and 450 litres foam to completely douse the flames. Shade owners Akram Khan and Hussein Mohammad reached the spot after knowing the incident. ASI Amar Singh Dhund said a high tension line passes through the spot and police had to stop electricity supply before starting fire fighting operation.