Indore: Accused was threatening his daughter and raping her for many months

Indore : A 45-year-old man was nabbed from Harda for allegedly raping his step-daughter in Rajendra Nagar area on Thursday. The accused was threatening his daughter and raping her for many months.

The police said that the accused left his mobile phone in a passenger bus in order to evade arrest after the case was reported to police.

Accoring to Rajendra Nagar police station incharge Sunil Sharma, the victim who resides in a village near Bijalpur lodged a complaint against her step-father on Wednesday night.

She stated in her complaint that she lives with her mother, younger brother and step-father in a rented accommodation. She said that her step father has been threatening and raping her many times in night since many months.

The police have registered a case under relevant section of IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.

Reports said that girl’s mother is suffering from problem in her hand and takes medicine which makes her sleep. She was unaware about the incident. Victim told the police that she was raped by step father many times since January 2019.

On Wednesday, she somehow told her mother and neighbours about the incident after which the matter was reported to the police. When accused came to know that girl has lodged a complaint with the police and his neighbours were also waiting for him he managed to flee from the city.

Sharma further said that before fleeing Harda, the accused threw his mobile phone on the top of a passenger bus to mislead the police. Police found his location on Guna road but did not get any response. A police team was sent to Guna and another team to Harda.

During investigation, police came to know that parents of accused reside in Harda. Police team raided the house in Harda where accused was hiding. He was caught by the police and was being brought to Indore.

Married five year ago

Rajendra Nagar police station incharge Sunil Sharma said that victim’s father died in a road accident a few years ago. After that the accused met her mother and married her five years ago. Since then, they were staying in a rented accommodation near Bijalpur. Further investigation was underway.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal