Indore: The enthusiasm among people for getting vaccinated continued even on Thursday as over 56,212 people were inoculated which increased the number of people vaccinated with at least one dose to 19.69 lakh.
The pace of vaccinations was slow on Thursday morning as the health department officials had started on 40 vaccination sites with the target of vaccinating 25,000 people but the target was increased by noon when the department received over 95,000 doses more from Bhopal.
“Earlier, we had the target of vaccinating about 25,000 to 30,000 people as we didn’t have many doses in stock. Later, we received about 95,000 more doses from the state after which we immediately distributed 25,000 more doses to the centers and could achieve the vaccination of over 56,000 people,” Immunisation officer Dr Tarun Gupta said.
He added that as they have vaccinated over 4 lakh people in the last four days, no vaccination drive would take place on Friday and they will continue the routine vaccination programme which is also important to keep children and pregnant women safe from other diseases.
“Now, we will start a mega drive for vaccination again on Saturday with a target of inoculation over 1 lakh people. We have about 75,000 doses left in the stock and we will receive more on Friday or Saturday,” Dr Gupta said.
Vaccination at a glance
1. 56,212 people were vaccinated on Thursday
2. Total 22.62 lakh doses administered in the city so far including 19.69 lakh people got the first dose and over 2.92 lakh people got the second dose.
3. Over 10.84 lakh male and 8.84 lakh females were vaccinated with the first dose.
4. Over 19.17 lakh doses of COVISHIELD and 3.44 lakh doses of COVAXIN administered in the city.
5. Over 11.86 lakh people between age 18 and 44 years of age vaccinated at least with the first dose of vaccine
6. Over 4.93 lakh people between age 45 and 60 years vaccinated at least with first dose
7. Over 2.87 lakh people above 60 years of age were vaccinated at least with the first dose.