Case of food poisoningvictim may lodge a complaint with Food and Drug Department

Indore: Sweets consumed after receiving the news of engagement of tenant’s son, admitted family of four in a hospital here on Monday. Right after consuming sweets the family members including a woman and a child started vomiting. A complaint with the Food and Drug department would be made by the victim.

As per information, the owner of GM medical store, Mimrot, is managing the store at the New Dewas Road on rent and had informed his landlord family about his son Devendra Mimrot’s engagement in Ujjain. On hearing the good news, the landlord family asked him some sweets. The store owner had sent his store helper Anoop to get some sweets for the family.

The moment turned bitter right after the family consumed sweets (Gupchup) and started vomiting. The victims are identified as Madhu (32), Goma (36), Sameer (1), Jainab (40) and were rushed to a private hospital where they are receiving treatment and are out of danger. Sources said that clearly the case is of food poisoning.

UNNAMED STORE
Devendra said that the sweets store from where the sweet was purchased didn’t have any name board. The reason behind this is said to be the anti-encroachment drive carried out by the IMC recently in the area. Devendra added that he had gone to the same store and enquired about the sweet (Gupchup) but the store owner told him that the sweet isn’t available and would be made tomorrow.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in