22 tankers of water used to douse flame

Indore: A major fire broke out in a godown of cotton waste in Marathi Mohalla, on Tuesday afternoon. The fire soon engulfed the godown. Fire brigade had to vacate surrounding houses and controlled the fire after using 22 tankers of water.The incident occurred in the cotton waste godown of Haji Samuddin, where small pieces of cotton clothes were kept in large quantity. It started at 3 pm. When people saw smoke coming out of the godown, they informed the fire brigade and also started their own efforts to extinguish the fire.

Fire brigade S-I Shivnarayan Sharma said that the fire spread fast and engulfed whole godown. The police forced neighbours to vacate their houses and their LPG cylinders were also brought out. The spot was covered from all four sides and 22 tankers were used to extinguish the fire. If not all these efforts had been done timely, the fire might have turned into a big tragedy. The probable reason of the fire may be short-circuit.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in