Indore : Three cases of deaths of patients in three private hospitals allegedly by the negligence of the doctors and hospital rocked the city on Monday. Along with creating ruckus at the hospitals, family members of the deceased also lodged police complaints and will also lodge complaints at the District Health Department as well.

Case: 1

A 20-year-old Chanchal Nagar, resident of Badwah, admitted to Apple Hospital after consuming some poisonous substance succumbed in the hospital on Monday morning.

After the death of the patient, her family members started creating ruckus and alleged medical negligence on the doctors.

The deceased’s brother, Dharmendra Nagar said that Chanchal was admitted to the hospital about two days ago. “She had consumed some poisonous substance mistakenly at her home after which we rushed her to Apple Hospital for treatment,” he said.

Chanchal was discharged about four days ago but she was again admitted when her conditions started deteriorating.

”Her conditions turned critical on Sunday night and we called Dr Masand to check her. Even after more than 10 calls, he didn’t come to the hospital and didn’t even direct the staff for treating the patient,” Nagar alleged.

Meanwhile, Dr Masand refuted the allegations and said that the patient was serious and they had informed the family members earlier as well.

Family members took the body to their native place after creating ruckus in the hospital. They have also submitted a written complaint to Bhawarkuan police station against the hospital administration.

Case: 2

Second incident took place in Synergy Hospital, where family members of a 48-year-old patient succumbed to chest infection on Sunday night.

Uma Parihar, resident of Rewa, was admitted to the hospital about three days ago due to chest infection.

Family friend, Ravi Shukla alleged that the doctors couldn’t identify the problem and were giving wrong treatment to the patient.

“We had informed the doctors that the patient has some problem in the lungs but they were giving her general treatment. Uma died on Sunday night but the doctors informed us on Monday morning only,” Shukla said.

They also lodged a complaint with Vijay Nagar police station after which post-mortem of the woman was conducted by the police in MY Hospital. Director of Synergy Hospital, Dr Subodh Jain refuted the allegations.

Case: 3

Third incident of negligence was reported in Aastha Hospital where a 26-year-old woman died after delivering a still born baby on Sunday night.

Amreen Latif, resident of Chandan Nagar, was admitted to the hospital with the problem of a still born baby.

“Doctors of the hospital told us to conduct normal delivery but they didn’t take any action for a long time. After many request, they delivered the baby after which the condition of Amreen also started deteriorating,” Latif said.

He added that they took the patient to Choithram Hospital where she died during treatment.

Hospital administration promised the family members to pay the bill of Choithram Hospital but they refused later. Family members staged demonstration in Chandan Nagar police station where police assured them to probe into the matter.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal