Haryana Congress leader Vikash Chaudhary was shot in Faridabad on Thursday. However, he later succumbed to his injuries. He was attacked while travelling in his car in the morning. Ashok Tanwar, Haryana Congress President condemned the gruesome incident and claimed that there is no law and order in the region. “It is a ‘jungle raj’, there is no fear of law. The same kind of incident happened yesterday, where a woman who opposed molestation was stabbed. There should be an investigation,” Tanwar said while speaking to ANI.
• According to reports, Vikas Chaudhary came out of a gym in sector 9 area when he was shot by unknown men in Faridabad.
• Around 8-10 rounds were fired at Chaudhary while he was sitting inside his vehicle. He was rushed to a nearby hospital but he succumbed to his injuries. Police is yet to identify the men who fired bullets at him.
• Police said that four men came in a Maruti Suzuki SX4 car and fired more than 10 bullets at him.
• Chaudhary had recently switched from Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) to Congress.
• He was Haryana Congress spokesperson and chairman of Vikas Ek Prayas Welfare Society.
• The Congress Party paying condolences to Vikas Chaudhary wrote on Twitter, “We are deeply angered & saddened by this act of grotesque violence against a member of the Congress Party. We urge the Haryana Govt. to bring the perpetrators to justice at the earliest. Our sincere condolences to his family in this time of grief.”