Muzaffarnagar: Two devotees of Lord Shiva were electrocuted this morning after coming in contact with an electric wire in Sisona village on the Delhi-Haridwar National Highway, police officials said here.
According to Station House Officer (SHO) Arun Kumar, the ‘Kawad’ pilgrims were carrying Ganga water back from Haridwar and were staying in a camp at a local temple in the district when the incident took place.
One of the deceased was trying to switch on a fan when he got electrocuted. The other victim died while trying to save him, he said.
Police have not been able to identify the victims yet and their bodies have been sent for post-mortem