Raipur: Three children died while 11 others fell sick after allegedly consuming toxic food at their house in Chhattisgarh’s Mungeli district, the police said here today.

Ten year old Ranjeeta, her younger sister Buddhi (8) and their cousin Gannu (6) died from suspected food poisoning in Shuklabhata village under Fastarpur police station limits last evening, Mungeli Additional Superintendent of Police SP Sahu told PTI.

Prima facie, doctors have attributed the incident to food poisoning, though a probe is still on to find out the exact cause of the incident, he said.

According to the officer, the family of Rikhiram Yadav stays with families of his two relatives, namely Sukhiram and Mukhiram.

On Tuesday afternoon, elders of the family and women members left home for their work at noon after serving lunch to their 14 children.

Later, neighbours found the kids vomiting outside their house, after which their parents were informed, the officer said.

All the children were rushed to a local hospital in Mungeli where three of them were pronounced dead and others were admitted, he said.

Two of them, namely Nini (4) and Shyamu (11 months), were shifted to the Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science (CIMS) at Bilaspur in a critical condition, while nine others were discharged after preliminary treatment, he said.

A case has been registered and a probe is on, he said.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal