Pregnant elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam's Chirang
Pregnant elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam's Chirang
File Photo

A 20-year-old pregnant elephant died on Wednesday due to electrocution in Sikajhora village, Chirang district.

Brahmananda Patiri, District Forest Officer (DFO) said that six elephants have died due to electrocution since August.

"Six elephants have died due to electrocution since August. Along with the electricity department, we have made banners to spread awareness among locals to prevent such incidents," he said.

(To download our E-paper please click here. The publishers permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in