Kolaghat (West Bengal): Over 300 people have been admitted to the Tamluk and Kolkaghat hospitals since last night after falling sick on consuming food at a religious program “Akida” here.
“Almost everyone felt sick after consuming food and were immediately admitted to hospital with symptoms of dehydration and vomiting. The medical teams and doctors have started emergency treatment of the affected people,” said a local resident.
“Local MLA Bikram Sarkar had a word with the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH). A special medical team is coming from our Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC). If required, we will make arrangements to send people to Kolkata,” said Anisur Rahaman, the Panchayat Secretary.
Medical officers are engaged in treating the food poisoned victims at the earliest. An investigation has been ordered into the incident.