New Delhi:  A minor fire broke out Tuesday morning on the fourth floor of Shastri Bhawan, which houses many ministries and government offices, a fire official said.

The fire was reported at 8.35 a.m.

Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

“The fire was doused by around 8.40 a.m. It was caused due to a short circuit in the wire of an air conditioner of a room,” a fire service official said.

This is the second time a fire broke out at the Shastri Bhawan within a week.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal