In a tragic incident, a 6-year-old boy died after being electrocuted on coming in contact with an electric pole of a posh residential colony in Hyderabad’s Narsingi area.
According to Deccan Chronicle, the incident took place on Monday around 6.30 pm, when 6-year-old Monish, son of techie Diwakar, was playing with some other children on the lawns of the complex. While playing Monish went near a lamp-post and held it to swing from. He was electrocuted and was frozen for a while before collapsing.
The entire incident was caught on CCTV cameras, in which it was seen that Monish who was wearing a yellow t-shirt waving his hands playfully at other children after which he walked towards the electric pole. Monish then held the pole with his left hand. He then got attached to the pole due to the electricity passing through it. For several minutes, the boy remained stuck to the pole as several residents of the colony walked by, unaware of what was happening.
Later, when the residents noticed Monish was lying on the ground, they took him to a room and provided him first aid. He was later rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him dead. The residents then informed the police of the incident, who have registered a case under sections 336, 337, 338 and 304 A of the IPC against the builder INCOR Developers, the residential welfare association of PBEL City and the firm in charge of maintaining the amenities in the community.