Muzaffarnagar: A 55-year-old man and his minor grandson were electrocuted when they came in contact with a high tension wire at Khargan village in Shamli district.

The incident took place last evening when the 12-year-old grandson accidentally touched a broken high tension wire and his grandfather Somi tried to save him, police said.

In an another incident, a woman was burnt alive when her house caught fire from a lamp at Tigri village under Newmandi Police Station in the district last night, police said.

The incident took place when Amna Begum was sleeping, they said, adding, an investigation into the case is on.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in