Ballia (UP): A couple was today electrocuted when they came into contact with live electricity wire in Rasra area here, police said.

Radhey Shyam Verma (55) and his wife Chanda Devi (50) were electrocuted when they they were working in the field this morning, it said.

Agitated with the incident local residents blocked Lucknow-Ballia highway for several hours, they said.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal