Bengaluru rains: 23-year-old girl electrocuted after coming in contact with live electric pole

The incident happened at around 9:30 pm on Monday near the Whitefield area in Bengaluru

ANIUpdated: Tuesday, September 06, 2022, 12:02 PM IST
article-image
Bengaluru rains: 23-year-old girl electrocuted after coming in contact with live electric pole | Social media

Bengaluru: A 23-year-old girl died after accidentally coming in contact with a live electric pole in Bengaluru on Monday.

The incident happened at around 9:30 pm on Monday near the Whitefield area in Bengaluru.

Akhila was returning back home from her workplace when her scooty skidded while crossing a waterlogged road. The victim tried to grab a nearby electric pole for support, but she got an electric shock after which she fell down.

She was shifted to the hospital, where she was declared dead. Akhila used to work in the administration department of a school.

The family of the deceased has blamed Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) and Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) for improper handling of the electricity and other systems.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

CUET UG Admission 2022: Registration ends tomorrow; these universities will close application window

CUET UG Admission 2022: Registration ends tomorrow; these universities will close application window

Deendayal Upadhyay's thoughts formed basis of NEP 2020: Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar

Deendayal Upadhyay's thoughts formed basis of NEP 2020: Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar

Punjab: Row between AAP govt, governor escalates

Punjab: Row between AAP govt, governor escalates

Jammu & Kashmir: Terrorist attack injures labourer from Bihar

Jammu & Kashmir: Terrorist attack injures labourer from Bihar

Cops nab two cooks in Gujarat government girl's school sexual harassment case

Cops nab two cooks in Gujarat government girl's school sexual harassment case