London : A list of odd jobs in the world, ranging from an odour judge to a dinosaur duster, has been complied by photographer Nancy Rica Schiff, reports ANI.
Schiff, who has spent 15 years taking pictures of world’s weirdest jobs, said that she came across people who have “the wacky occupations including an odour judge, fish counter, condom tester, mermaid, dinosaur duster and crisp inspector, the Daily Star reported.
She has produced two books from her images, titled ‘Odd Jobs’ and ‘Odder Jobs’, and revealed that she has always been fascinated by unusual employment.
Schiff also revealed that her inspiration came from an odd-looking fellow at the Hollywood Race Track whose job it was to time the horse races and thinking up other odd jobs came from research, word-of-mouth and luck.
News.com.au has a list of ten weird jobs that you have probably never heard of. Following is a list of few of them.
1) Pet Food Tester: Mr Gooley, owner of pet food company Huds and Toke, eats dog food for a living. He eats everything from doggie treats and chewy bones to liver mixture.
2) Face Feeler: A face feeler tests how soft and smooth a person’s skin is after using a product, to prove how well it works.
3) Fountain Pen Doctor: Richard Binder, 59, of Richard Binder Fountain Pens in Nashua, New Hampshire, receives broken pens from everywhere – Argentina, Japan, South Africa. He often has 600 pens waiting to be fixed at any one time.
4) Chicken Sexer: This person has to separate newborn chicks as per their sex, difficult task as these cute young things like to cuddle and together to stay warm.
5) Cup Keeper: A “Keeper of the Cup” is paid to accompany the Stanley Cup (which is awarded to championship team in the US/Canada’s National Hockey League) during its travels and make sure it doesn’t go astray.