Madrid: American professional tennis player Serena Williams continues to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings as world number one with 9,981 points in fresh rankings published on Monday.
In this week’s rankings, 10th-seed Spanish Carla Suarez was replaced by German Andrea Petkovic, reports Efe. Williams is followed by Romanian Simona Halep with 7,755 points and Russian Maria Sharapova with 7,525.
The current WTA ranking and point scores are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (U.S.) 9,981 points
2. Simona Halep (Romania) 7,755
3. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 7,525
4. Petra Kvitova (Czech) 6,060
5. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,790
6. Eugenie Bouchard (Canada) 4,063
7. Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) 4,000
8. Ekaterina Makarova (Russia) 3,465
9. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 3,345
10. Andrea Petkovic (Germany) 3,260.