Fashion stylist Shagun Gandhi nudges you in the direction of layers, print discord and shine
As usual, besides stars on the runway, there were trends galore to spot at the Lakme Fashion Week 2018. The recently concluded Winter/ Festive edition showcased styles that are just waiting to take over our festive wardrobe. Being the hottest fashion event in Mumbai, it’s obvious that the style quotient at LFW is through the roof. The shows radiated grandeur, from Janhvi Kapoor’s debut on the runway to Kareena Kapoor Khan closing the grand finale with grandeur. As expected, besides the up to the minute designs and radical trends, many designers stayed true to their fondness for the Bollywood brigade, with many Bollywood celebrities making headlines for either turning showstoppers or simply making an appearance with selective designers.
Now for cues you can use to amp up your own style quotient in the coming days…
In cities like Mumbai where the temperature doesn’t drop to single digits, layering is ideal. Layering not only adds a dimension but makes a boring basic outfit extremely stylish and fashionable.
Pantsuits have been spotted all over the globe and everybody loves this trend. This time, we see them taking centre stage with rich prints and motifs. It has definitely made it to the list of hot fashion trends for the season ahead.
Print on print was still common but mixing two prints in a single silhouette is absolutely a notch higher. Take note from the runway and bring out your printed lot this season.
Fashion is experiencing a peak in fabrics, weaves and silk that are high in gloss and shine. It’s a novel look that adds a certain depth to the ensemble. Not only in make-up did we see this trend but on the ramp too in different ensembles.
LFW 2018 rewind!
Here’s a look at how stunningly fashionable Lakme Fashion Week was…
- Starting off with hotty Nick Bateman, making an appearance at the fashion week and also obliging a few people with charming selfies!
- Prateik Babbar grabbed everybody’s attention in his new avatar as a showstopper for label Chola.
- Parents-to-be Angad Bedi and Neha Dhupia rocked the stage as they made their debut on ramp for designer Payal Singhal.
- Rumoured couple, Malika Arora and Arjun Kapoor were spotted in the first row for designer Kunal Rawal and they sure looked super-stylish together!
- Sushmita Sen was the epitome of grace as she walked the ramp for label RmKV in a kanjeevaram reversible jumpsuit. She also confirmed having signed a Netflix original!
- Hottie Varun Dhawan was also the showstopper for his friend and designer Kunal Rawal.
- Kangana Ranaut redefined Monday blues… the kind everybody would love to have!
- We saw a new pairing of Shahid Kapoor and Disha Patani as they walked the ramp for designer Amit Aggarwal.
- Janhvi Kapoor made her debut as she turned showshtopper for designer Nachiket Barve.
- Lastly, begum Kareena Kapoor Khan was clearly a diva as she walked the ramp for designer Monisha Jaising for the grand finale!