One of Bollywood’s most popular singers Sonu Nigam turns 44 today. The melody king has always been known for his beautiful voice and versatility in singing. Most particularly, people also think that he is the voice of Shah Rukh Khan. After all, he is one singer who has numerous hit songs of SRK.
Sonu’s versatility always brings out his best quality of singing from his every song. Interestingly, his songs will always make you feel loved. He has sung songs in every genre. Whether it is a sad song or a romantic song, patriotic song or a rocking song, he always makes every song even more special with his versatility of singing. However, people love him for his romantic songs and can listen to them for hours and hours.
Thus, here are we presenting 10 romantic songs of Sonu Nigam which will surely make you feel love for your partner.
Awards and controversies
Here are his most important awards list –
- 1997 Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer – Male, for the song “Sandese Aate Hai”, from the film “Border”
- 2001 Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer – Male, for the song “Suraj Hua Maddham”, from the film “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham”
- 2001 IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the song “Suraj Hua Maddham”, from the film “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham”
- 2002 IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the song “Saathiya”, from the film “Saathiya
- 2002 Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer- Male, for the song “Saathiya”, from the film “Saathiya”
- 2002 Filmfare Best Male Playback Award, for the song “Saathiya”, from the film Saathiya
- 2003 Filmfare Best Male Playback Award, for the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho”
- 2003 IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho
- 2004 National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer, for the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho
- 2013 Zee Cinema Award for Best Male Playback Singer for Abhi Mujhme Kahin from the film Agneepath
Well, apart from awards and acknowledgments for singing, the singer has also gotten into controversy when he tweeted against making Azaan (Muslim call for prayer) through a loudspeaker. In his tweet, he told that Azaan through loud speaker disturbs his sleep. However, he later clarified that he is not against any specific religious ritual but against the use of loudspeakers on religious buildings. He clarified that noise pollution should be stopped, irrespective of whether it is a temple or a mosque. However, the actual controversy later began when Sonu posted a video of azaan from his home which proved that he was indeed disturbed very early in the morning.
But keeping these controversies aside, the singer has won everyone’s heart by his melodious romantic songs which can make anyone fall in love for their partner again and again.
Happy Birthday, Sonu Nigam! May your voice always be keeping us feel loved!