Netflix’s Sacred Games is based on author Vikram Chandra’s novel and has been receiving a lot of positive reviews since its release on July 6, 2018. While netizens cannot stop praising Saif Ali Khan, Radhika Apte and Nawazuddin Siddiqui, there is another actress who is stealing the limelight. The actress is Kubra Kait, who plays a transgender named ‘Cuckoo’ with utmost ease in the Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwani’s series. Cuckoo has many shades to her character. She is gorgeous, witty and has a beautiful feminine side. If you haven’t watched the first original Indian series yet, let us tell you that her portrayal of a transgender is not the stereotypical ones we see in Indian movies and shows.
Talking to IANS about Sacred Games, Kubbra Sait said, “Sacred Games has actually turned out to be the most challenging experience of my acting career. Playing a transgender isn’t easy as there are hardly any references that you can source out and seek help from.”
If you are still wondering what her face seems familiar to you and cannot recollect it. This is because you have seen her many times in the past.
- Kubbra was born in Bengaluru and is graduated with a degree in finance and marketing.
- Her brother Danish Sait is an acclaimed comedian and anchor.
- Kubbra made her Bollywood debut with Salman Khan starrer ‘Ready’ in 2011. Later she appeared in Bipasha Basu and R Madhavan’s ‘Jodi Breakers’ (2012) and Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma starrer ‘Sultan’ (2016).
• She was also associated with several shows like ‘Stars Ka Tadka’ and ‘Star Sports Pro Kabbadi’, where she played host.
• She has also made frequent appearances in advertisements including Airtel, Tata Nano, Big Bazaar and TVS Wego to name a few.
• She is also the winner of India’s Best Female Emcee Award.
• A look at her Instagram accounts reveals that she is an ardent fan of Amrish Puri.
Kubbra has a considerable number of followers on Instagram and Twitter. Since the internet is pretty much floored by Kubbra’s performance, here’s a peek at her Instagram account.