It’s known that megastar Rajinikanth had filed an interim injunction on the film titled ‘Main Hoon Rajinikanth’ and its content after he felt it might defame him and upset his fan base a few weeks back.
And now, news is that the film’s director Faisal Saif has changed his film’s name from ‘Main Hoon Rajinikanth’ to ‘Main Hoon Rajini; ahead of the film’s release on October 17. What’s more, the filmmaker said in a statement that he took the decision as the producer’s money was at stake.
Filmmaker Saif said in a statement, “My producer went to Chennai and showed the film to Rajini sir’s team of lawyers and few other guests who found out my film is no way related to the superstar… I had no option but to change its title to ‘Main Hoon Rajini’.” It’s noted that the film stars southern stars Adithya Menon and Kavita Radheshyam.
What’s more, Faisal Saif further added that didn’t want his producers to bear more loss and that he “didn’t want to hurt Rajini sir since I am one of his craziest fans, I took the decision.” Though Saif did ultimately change his film’s title, it seems like the director is unhappy with the megastar’s approach so far as his statement further read,“I still fail to understand what made the superstar approach the court of law? They could have asked us…and all these losses could have been avoided. Due to the case, my producers faced a huge loss.”