Sushant Singh Rajput had passed away in June this year. He was found hanging in his Mumbai apartment. While his death had been ruled a suicide, the Mumbai Police had continued investigations, with many from the film industry being called in to record their statements.
On Tuesday an FIR was registered against actor Rhea Chakraborty under various sections, including abetment of suicide, on the complaint of Sushant Singh Rajput's father. Following this, a four member team of the Patna Police has left for Mumbai to investigate the death of the actor.
Inspector General, Patna Central Zone, Sanjay Singh confirmed the same, and said that investigations were underway. The team has been sent to investigate the charges levelled by Krishna Kumar Singh, he said.
Sushant's father had apparently not been satisfied with the long-drawn investigation by the Mumbai police which had recorded the statements of 40 people, including some leading producers and actors and friends of Sushant.
Alongside Rhea, the FIR also mentions four other people. During preliminary investigations by Patna police in last two days, the names of some prominent film producers had figured. They would be questioned in Mumbai.
Some time ago, Rhea had urged Home Minister Amit Shah to initiate a CBI probe into the case.
- FIRs against Rhea, her mother Sandhya, sister Shruti and brother Shaumil
- Rhea and family accused of de-frauding Sushant of Rs 17 crore
- Sushant's credit card used for Rhea's foreign tours
- Rhea threatened to leak to media Sushant's medical problems
- Sushant's bank accounts in Kotak, Mahindra emptied
- Rhea and her brother director in two of Sushant's companies
- Sushant's father alleges Rhea deliberately keeping son away from family