Mithun Chakraborty who was born on 16 June 1950 is a Bollywood actor, singer, producer, writer, social worker, entrepreneur and television presenter. As if this wasn't enough, you'll be interested to know that he is a former Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament and more than anything he has been a Bollywood heartthrob and our Disco Dancer for years.
Here are some of Mithun's Best Performances over the years:
1. Mrigayaa: Mithun made his cinematic debut in this film. The film portrayed the relationship between the British colonial government and native villagers and their exploitation by Indian landlords in 1920s India. It also depicts the friendship between a British administrator who has a flair for game hunting and a native tribal who is an expert archer.
2. Surakksha: This film had action, a good storyline and a star like Mithun playing Gopi, he has to find his missing partner and fight numerous obstacles that come his way.
3. Taraana: In this film, a wealthy man named Shyam falls in love with a not so well off Rani. They decide to get married but their parents stand in their way.
4. Disco Dancer: This is an Indian dance film and it is a rags to riches story, it follows a young street performer from the slums of Bombay.
5. Boxer: This is a sports film. In this movie, a professional boxer is severely injured during a fight and can never box again. His son, Shankar proves to be a talented boxer, but when he too is injured he decides not to box again, this makes his father sad.
6. Pyar Jhukta Nahin: Pyar Jhukta Nahin means Love does not bow down. This film was emotional and followed the rich girl meets poor boy storyline.