Dilip Kumar, popularly known as the 'Tragedy King of Bollywood', passed away at Mumbai's Hinduja Hospital on Wednesday.
The 98-year-old actor passed away due to various age-related ailments.
The multiple-award-winning actor's career spanned over more than five decades and during the golden era of Hindi cinema, Dilip Kumar charmed millions of hearts with his performance in more than 65 films.
He rose to a level of prominence never achieved in Indian cinema before. A role model for many, a star, a legend, and the king of the golden era of cinema, Dilip Kumar has left behind a legacy for many acting enthusiasts to enjoy and learn from.
The news of his demise has left a void in the hearts of many, including several Bollywood celebrities of yesteryears and the present generation.
Fondly addressed as Yusuf Sahab, he is known for a number of iconic films like 'Devdas', 'Paigham', 'Naya Daur', 'Kranti' and 'Mughal-e-Azam' among others.
Not just his acting, but his impeccable style of dialogue delivery has also been immortalised in the history of Indian cinema.
It is said that the way he spoke his lines nobody else could and part from his charming personality and acting prowess, his style of dialogue delivery had earned him widespread recognition.
Here are some of his iconic dialogues:
- Kaun kambakht hai jo bardaasht karne ke liye peeta hai, main toh peeta hoon ki bas saans le sakun
- Taqdeerein badal jaati hain, zamana badal jaata hai, mulkon ki taarikh badal jaati hai, shahenshah badal jaate hain, magar iss badalti hui duniya mein mohabbat jis insaan ka daaman thaam leti hai, woh insaan nahi badalta
- Main kisi se nahi darta, main zindagi se nahi darta, maut se nahi darta, andheron se nahi darta, darta hoon toh sirf khoobsurati se
- Haq hamesha sar jhukake nahin... sar uthake maanga jaata hai
- Hosh se keh do, kabhi hosh na aane pay
- Jab amir ka dil kharab hota hai na...Toh gareeb ka dimag kharab hota hai..
- Ek kranti marega... toh hazaar kranti paida honge
- Insaan jab andha ho jata hai, toh usko rat aur din ke farak me tameez nahi rehti
- Mohabbat jo darti ho wo mohabbat nahi, ayaashi hai... gunah hai
- Duniya me dilwale ka sath dena, daulat waale ka nahi...
- Mulk ka har sipahi jaanta hai ki, uske jism par woh khaki vardi, joh uska maan hai woh vardi uska kafan bhi ban sakti hai...