Blackbuck Poaching Case: Jodhpur court dismisses state govt's plea over Salman Khan's 'false affidavit'
Blackbuck Poaching Case: Jodhpur court dismisses state govt's plea over Salman Khan's 'false affidavit'
PTI

The Jodhpur District and Sessions Court, on Wednesday, dismissed a plea filed by the Rajasthan government against actor Salman Khan for allegedly submitting a false affidavit in the Jodhpur session court in 2003, during his hearing in a case related to the poaching of two blackbucks in Jodhpur in 1998.

"Jodhpur District and Sessions Court dismissed both the pleas of the State Government, in a detailed order. We had replied in 2006 itself that no false affidavits were presented and such pleas are being furnished only to disturb Salman Khan," actor's lawyer Hastimal Saraswat told news agency ANI.

On Tuesday, Salman Khan had apologised for 'mistakenly' submitting a false affidavit in the Jodhpur session court in 2003.

Salman appeared before the Jodhpur session court for the hearing of his appeal against conviction in the blackbuck poaching case through video conferencing. His lawyer Hastimal Saraswat told the court that the affidavit was mistakenly submitted to the court on August 8, 2003, for which the actor should be forgiven.

Salman was arrested in 1998 for hunting two blackbucks in Kankani village near Jodhpur. At that time, a case under Arms Act was registered against him and the court had asked him to submit his arms licence.

Salman gave an affidavit in the court in 2003, saying that he had lost the licence. He also lodged an FIR at the Bandra police station in Mumbai in this connection.

However, the court later came to know that Salman's arm licence was not lost, but had been submitted for renewal.

Public prosecutor Bhavani Singh Bhati had then demanded that a case of misleading the court should be filed against the actor.

A trial court in 2018 had convicted Salman and awarded five-year imprisonment to him for the killing of two blackbucks during the shooting of the film 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' in October 1998.

The actor had challenged the trial court verdict in the sessions court.

Salman's fellow actors Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali Bendre, who were present on the spot in Kankani along with him, have been acquitted.

(With inputs from IANS)

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in