Bengaluru school bomb scare: 'Did it for fun,' says minor boy; sent to Juvenile Board

The police picked up a minor boy from the school in connection with the bomb hoax and handed him over to custody of the State Juvenile Justice Board.

IANSUpdated: Saturday, January 07, 2023, 06:12 PM IST
article-image
The school premises where the bomb threat was received | ANI

Bengaluru: Karnataka Police has solved the case of hoax bomb threat to the reputed National Academy for Learning (NAFL) School in Bengaluru on Saturday.

The police picked up a minor boy from the school in connection with the case and handed him over to custody of the State Juvenile Justice Board.

According to police, the police detected the boy through an IP address and when questioned, the boy maintained that he did it for 'having some fun.' The boy informed the police that he got an official email ID of the school from the Google search.

What the mail sent by student said

According to the mail, the student stated that he has four sticks of dynamite and will blow up the school post afternoon lunch, ending with him naming himself as 'your favourite student'.

"“A minor student from another school has sent the bomb threat email to the NAFL school without knowing the consequences. The report will be given to Juvenile Board for further inquiry,” stated Laxman B Nimbaragi, DCP West Bengaluru, according to ANI.

At least a thousand school children evacuated after bomb hoax

Tensions persisted in the premises of the NAFL School run by the National Public School (NPS) group following the bomb threat in Basaveshwara Nagar locality of Bengaluru on Friday.

The bomb threat was given through the official email ID of the school. The email claimed that four gelatin sticks have been kept in the premises, which are going to explode at the time of lunch.

The school staff had immediately informed the jurisdictional police. About 1,000 school children were sent out of the classrooms and taken to safe places. The development had also triggered panic among parents and local residents.

Hundreds of parents rushed to the school and expressed their concern over the development and demanded that they should be let inside the school premises to see their children. Later, the children were sent with them.

Bomb disposal and dog squad had combed the school premises and declared it as a hoax threat later.

Inputs from FPJ

(If you have a story in and around Mumbai, you have our ears, be a citizen journalist and send us your story here. )

(To receive our E-paper on WhatsApp daily, please click here.  To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

JEE 2023: Pune's Omkar Raichurkar tops exam with 99.99 percentile, Apurva Mahajan topper among girls...

JEE 2023: Pune's Omkar Raichurkar tops exam with 99.99 percentile, Apurva Mahajan topper among girls...

NEET PG 2023: Candidates gather at Jantar Mantar in Delhi, demand postponement of March exam

NEET PG 2023: Candidates gather at Jantar Mantar in Delhi, demand postponement of March exam

JEE Mains 2023 Toppers: Making Football part of study regimen helped Kolkata's Soham Das score a...

JEE Mains 2023 Toppers: Making Football part of study regimen helped Kolkata's Soham Das score a...

Maharashtra: 787 girls' toilets planned for schools, zero constructed so far

Maharashtra: 787 girls' toilets planned for schools, zero constructed so far

JEE Main 2023 Results: Not a single female candidate among toppers; Only 1 SC student on the list

JEE Main 2023 Results: Not a single female candidate among toppers; Only 1 SC student on the list