Ujjain : Collector Sanket Bhondve, chair person of the smart city project, called on residents of Ujjain to work to their full potential to accomplish the dream of making the city ‘smart’ in the real sense.
“The ‘smartness’ of a city will depend on the combined efforts of its citizens, and the Government at its level will take necessary steps to keep up that image,” the collector further added. He was addressing a meeting on the smart city project on Saturday, and an associated campaign to be launched from November 1, to make the city number one.
Bhondve calls on Ujjainites to help build city of their dreams
Simhastha fair authority chairman, Diwakar Natu, smart city project CEO, Avadhesh Sharma and prominent citizens were present at the meeting. Sharma presenting the progress on the project, said in the first phase, the sewerage system of the city would be made ‘smart’. A sewerage system that has been envisaged for the year 2028, also includes installation of water, electricity, LPG cables and pipes, using the duct technique. All cables will be installed in a single duct to achieve maximum efficiency, he said. He welcomed suggestions from prominent citizens, which he said would be incorporated in the project.
Significant suggestions received during the meeting
* Encourage tourism to enhance employment.
* Provide 24 hours water and electricity facility in the smart city.
* Gopal Mandir region also to be brought under smart city project, along with Mahakaleshwar temple region.
* Construct a swimming pool in the old city and a library in city. Encourage use of e-rickshaw and develop an airport.
* Develop Ranoji ki Chhatri.
* Develop 84 Mahadev temples, 7 sagars and 9 Narayan temples.
* Include complete Simhastha area under smart city project and carry out permanent development work.
* Develop projects in tandem with religious and spiritual heritage of the city.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)