Advertisement

CMCM

Updated on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 03:19 AM IST

Suspected cannibal couple accused of eating 30 victims

Advertisement

Moscow : A Russian couple have been arrested over suspicion of killing and eating at least 30 of their victims since 1999 in Krasnodar region, police said.

The police said on Monday that seven victims have been identified, reports CNN.

The crimes were uncovered when a cell phone, which included images of the 35-year-old man posing with a dismembered female victim, was found on a street in Krasnodar earlier this month, reports IANS.

Advertisement

The remains of the woman were found in a bag nearby the following day, according to the state-media reports.

At first, the man denied having killed the woman, claiming he had found the remains and had taken photographs of himself with them, before losing his phone.

An informed source said that many of the details of the case were yet to be confirmed, but added that “at the moment, law enforcement had discovered a glass jar with a canned hand”, CNN reported.

Advertisement

Earlier this year, former policeman Mikhail Popkov was charged with 60 additional murders in addition to 22 that had already resulted in convictions.

He carried out the killings over nearly 20 years.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Advertisement
Published on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 12:49 AM IST
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement