New Delhi :The Congress on Wednesday said External Affairs Minister Sushma Swarajs remarks in the Lok Sabha about status quo on Doklam was “a dubious ploy” to make headlines and it “hides more than it reveals.”

In a statement, Congress communications incharge Randeep Singh Surjewala said the “denials, half-truths and doublespeak” on Doklam were endangering India’s national security and strategic interests.

H e said Prime Minister Narendra Modi should make a statement in Parliament placing all facts and tell his government’s policy on de-militarising the Doklam plateau.

The Congress leader said Sushma Swaraj’s statement on Doklam is covered with a “sheet of misleading opaqueness” and fails to provide the larger picture of Chinese presence in South Doklam.

Surjewala said China was staring at the “Siliguri Corridor — the Gateway to India’s northeast” — and Modi government was almost “ducking the Doklam question.”

Sushma Swaraj had said that there has been no change in the status quo at the site of the military face-off with China in Doklam and the issue was resolved with diplomatic maturity in August last year.

“Modi government and Sushma Swaraj were conspicuously silent on the Chinese military buildup and new road construction in the south Doklam region, overlooking the Siliguri corridor,” Surjewala said, reports IANS.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in