Mumbai: The much-awaited show ‘Om Shanti Om’ went on air as Star India’ new channel Star Bharat was launched on August 28. The show will be aired on every Saturday and Sunday at 9 pm.
Swami Ramdev, special judge, said to a leading daily that, “This is a great platform to bring out devotional genre of music through interesting renditions unheard before. I am delighted to be part of this show because it is everything that Indians are proud of, our tradition, our culture and our faith. With Om Shanti Om, we will redefine devotional music in a way it appeals to the youngsters today.”
Sonakshi Sinha, who is also part of the show, said, “I have always been spiritual and believe that music is the best way to reach any level of spirituality. Om Shanti Om is an extension of that belief and I love the way it is combining contemporary and youthful music with devotion!”
Nine things you need to know about Om Shanti Om
1. The show will be aired on Star Bharat every Saturday and Sunday at 9pm.
2. The first show was hosted by Ranveer Singh, with a power-packed performance and the show will now be hosted by Apaarshakti Khurana.
3. The songs are all bhajans type which are rapped by Baadshah.
4. The show features 14 contestants, who will be singing a devotional song and they are called Divine Voice.
5. The show is being judged by Sonakshi Sinha, Kanika Kapoor and Shekhar Ravjinani and of course Swami Ramdev.
6. The hosts have puja ki thalis and prayer bells.
7. Everyone will be seen chanting ‘om’ during the show
8. The show will be aired on the new channel Star Bharat. This channel is new and is revamped version of Life OK channel.
9. The show is sponsored by Patanjali puja samagri.