Representational Image
Representational Image

Mumbai: A 24-year-old woman and her five-year-old daughter died due to suffocation after a fire broke out due to a short circuit on the ground floor of a fashion and beauty store in Sector 3 in Airoli, Navi Mumbai, in the wee hours of Thursday. Manju Araram Choudhary, along with her husband and deceased daughter Gayatri, stayed on the first floor above the novelty store owned by the family.

When the fire broke out at 3:15 am, Araram (30) called the fire brigade since he, his wife and three children — including Gayatri, a 3-year-old daughter, and a one-year-old toddler — were trapped inside the house. However, before fire officials could reach the spot, Manju and Gayatri had choked to death. Araram’s brother, Prakash, was sleeping inside the shop when the fire broke out and survived. He was rescued along with his brother Araram and two children.

A minor fire was also reported in the ground plus three storeyed building at Mithal Industrial Estate at midnight at around 1.15 am. The deceased was identified as Pradeep Vishwakarma, a 20 year old labourer.  The fire was confined to  a 300 sq. metre godown where plastic material was stacked.

(To view our epaper please click here. For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in